Friday, June 3, 2011

So much going on!

So much has happened it is hard to keep up with it!

The mission non-farewell for Mat and I and Joseph was on May 22. It was a great day. Some of those that came were: Ted, Thella, Mindy, Kelsey, Amanda (We went to see Daniels project on Saturday. They thought it was very cool). Mats mission President, Marshall Burton and wife Ruth came, they were great to visit with. A mission companion, Elder Fowles and his wife came from Logan. All of our family was there. Frank and Joanie Leaver, Marguerite and Terry Stephens, Janet Hintze. President and Sister Whiting were there also and Lisa, Kjersti and Jordan. Anyway it was great to see everyone. The dinner afterward was sumptuous, with the girls helping alot.

Then yesterday Joseph left. It was hard on me, I cried off and on the day before when we were packing and until I cleaned his bedroom the next day. Being the youngest and a premie baby, I broke all the rules and held him all the time, and spoiled him rotten. I think he turned out ok anyway. He doesn't have many clothes left at home. He gave most of them to Daniel. The night before everyone came for the setting apart and my heart was very full as I looked at the men and women in our family standing around the youngest brother, supporting him. President Frischknechdt gave a wonderful blessing and the only thing I can remember is that Joseph will learn of his many blessings and that he will also have to earn some of his blessings. The rest is a blur.


Now we carry on and think about getting ready to go to Oakland.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, who can read that without crying.
    We're gonna miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Joseph is going to be the best missionary ever! I can't imagine sending off the youngest child. That is hard! I am going to miss you all!

    ReplyDelete