Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 2 MTC

Well we have had quite an experience at the MTC. The first day we were processed and went to the bookstore to get our packet, then we had a general meeting with all the senior missionaries. All I could think was that I don't consider myself as old as they are. We were divided into districts and then had our first teaching experience. We have done lots of role playing. Today we did the same thing, and tonight we had a devotional with William r Walker of the seventy. Tomorrow I guess we teach a volunteer investigator and they will videotape it so we can be critiqued. Not my idea of fun. Next week they will teach us about computers, including where the power switch is, etc. I actually will be glad to get to the mission field so we can get to work. We have met some wonderful people, down to earth couples, who are the salt of the earth.

3 comments:

  1. I had a great time in the MTC, but I didn't feel like the role-playing or even the volunteer investigators were very realistic. It was much easier to just get into the field and do it.

    As for selling it, it only feels that way in the MTC, once I was working with real people in the field, I didn't feel so much like a salesman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right. Being "in the field" would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just giggle every time I think of role play. Is Mat surviving? You are the cutest missionary couple ever!

    ReplyDelete