Monday, October 31, 2011
Halloween, a Two-edged Sword, and Music, Music, Music
Halloween in Oakland CA is very different. For one thing it is 70 degrees, and the missionaries aren't allowed to go out, so they had a deep-clean night. When I think of all the family going trick-or-treating in our neighborhood, it is a two-edged sword, because I miss all the fun and traditions. The only thing that will make the holidays easier to bear is that I am now a member of the Temple Hill Choir. I had heard of them and that it was audition only. But Sunday night I followed the music and asked if I could sit in on the practice and sing. Afterward I was asked to join the choir. They do quite a bit of performing during the season and I love the Christmas music anyway. Hopefully I will get a chance to do some piano performing also. Music makes everything better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a great thing! Wish we could come hear you perform with the choir sometime - that would be fun!
ReplyDelete