This morning I called the beauty shop across the street from where we lived to get a haircut. It turned out to be a good haircut, but about 3 1/2 times as expensive as i paid at home. But I will probably go there again.
Then I came to the office and worked for awhile. Later on in the afternoon a dirty, 6 ft, 60ish man with long matter gray hair came in. He rattled something off about Jesus Christ and money, so I immediately got Elder Lyman and Elder Mcintire to come help. By that time Elder Lyman had manuevered him out the door, and the Elder Mcintire called security. A guy drove up in a red car because apparently this guy had been going through his car down the street. Then security showed up and they went down the hill somewhere. I think he was finally arrested on the Temple Grounds. In lookiing back that could have been a bad situation. He had some kind of sharp instrument that he was waving around. He talked about putting all the cars into a volcano. Weird or trying to act weird. Anyway, from now on I'm keeping the front door locked.
Then we went to the Masanaia's for dinner. Here are some picts:
We had corned beef, taro root with a green sauce, taro leaves with corned beef and coconut milk, and lamb neck bones. Very interesting.
This is looking across the street from their house. The pictures don't really do it justice. Trash is everywhere.
This is the family inside the house. The missionaries stopped over, and also some friends. The reed mats on the floor are only brought out for special visitors, so we felt like royalty amongst all the poverty. I was sitting by the mother near a window, and looked up and a chicken was looking in the window, which didn't seem to have a screen on it. The mom is due to have her 12th child any day now.
Wow... I think interesting doesn't even begin to describe it. Glad you're safe! How did the chicken neck bones taste?
ReplyDelete